All Boston Sports. All Boston Attitude.

    Enter E-mail:    

    Wednesday, August 4, 2010

    The Boston Celtics Run on Diesel

    It's official Shaquille O'Neal is a member of the 2010-2011 Boston Celtics team.

    When I first heard rumors about this signing I didn't know how to feel. On one hand, I love Shaq I think he is GREAT for the game of basketball. He's a guy who loves to play the game, reaches across all demographics and is a great ambassador for the sport. On the other hand, rumors have flown that he was one of the causes of the demise of the Lakers teams he was a part of and he was also the demise more recently of the Cleveland Cavaliers team that the Celtics decimated in the playoffs last year.

    So...I was on the fence.

    Now I am securely over the fence and excited to see Shaq Diesel (or as I like to call him the ORIGINAL SUPERMAN) in a white and green uniform.

    From a basketball perspective it will be nice to have a big man who can score other than Kevin Garnett. It will be nice for Rajon Rondo to have someone to dish the ball to who can literally just throw it down. Imagine a front court of Kevin Garnett and Glen Davis with Shaquille O'Neal and Jermaine O'Neal coming off the bench...it will be magical.

    So, Miami, you can have your LeBron James, Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh pairings all day. I will take my rag tag bunch of aging superstars to the bank every time. I still love Ray Ray from downtown. Pierce off the dribble (although slightly less often then he used.) Garnett with the fade away J. Shaq with the power moves on the block. Jermaine O'Neal with...whatever Jermaine O'Neal does. Compliment that with the BEST point guard in the league and the best backup big man in the game (Glen Davis) and you've got a team that can compete.

    Don't get me wrong, the road to the finals will go through Miami and it will be a tough road, but powered by a little Diesel I like our chances...let's just hope Doc can keep the mega-star mentality under control.

    Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

    Bookmark and Share

    1 Comments:

    Anonymous my28cents said...

    I was on the fence myself. Well, I still am actually. It's going to be an interesting season, can't wait.

    I lost a little passion for basketball over the years, but it's starting to get interesting for me again. Now I have more to look forward to than just football.

    August 12, 2010 at 9:02 AM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home