All Boston Sports. All Boston Attitude.

    Enter E-mail:    

    Monday, August 23, 2010

    It's Not Over Until It's Ov...


    On Friday night I headed into the Big Apple to help celebrate a good friend of mine's 30th birthday. It was going to be a really special night with a whole lot of good friends, good drinks and great music. We were going to relax and enjoy each other's company and then something happened that ruined my night...

    My phone buzzed once, the score was Blue Jays 2 Red Sox 0. Bummer the Red Sox were losing, but it was only the second inning.

    My phone buzzed a second time...they were losing by 5. Deep breaths...deep breaths.

    My phone buzzed a third time...

    Then a fourth time...

    Until finally the agony was over and the Boston Red Sox had lost 16-2. I could barely see straight to read the numbers on my phone. 16-2 to the BLUE JAYS?!??!?!?

    I looked over at my friend, with a frown on my face and reported, "Time of death...10:30p Friday August 20th."

    He looked at me puzzled. I said, "the Red Sox just lost to the Blue Jays 16-2, I think it's a safe bet that the season is over."

    I know that since then the Red Sox have picked up two wins, but guess what, so have the Tampa Bay Rays. It's not looking pretty for this rag tag group of second stringers. They made a nice run, but they let too many opportunities slip through their hands while the Rays capitalized on every opportunity.

    I hope I am wrong, I truly do, but I just don't see a comeback in the future for this team. My how a week can change my mind...

    So, here's to you 2010 Boston Red Sox, you gave a valiant effort in the face of truly insurmountable adversity. You are to be celebrated and revered as a team that never gave up, but I for one think it's time to think about next year.

    Labels: , ,

    Bookmark and Share

    3 Comments:

    Anonymous Keith said...

    Happy new year to you and each of your blog readers!

    January 6, 2011 at 6:23 AM  
    Anonymous Quality web directory said...

    Really something to ponder over..I guessed it right!

    March 14, 2011 at 7:05 AM  
    Anonymous cheapmaternityclohtes said...

    nice share brother

    July 26, 2011 at 12:40 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home